Friday, August 5, 2011

Does my friend sound like she has a problem?

I used to be friends with a 20 year old girl, let's call her Mary. We still talk and are nice to each other, but I say 'used to be' as I never see her in person anymore. We used to hang out every few days, go places, and take a bunch of pictures and videos together. She never had confidence, but she told me since seeing all those pictures, she never realized how ugly she was and she's now too embarrassed to go out. Well, it's been two years and she hasn't left her house since. She's not rich, but her family is middle class and apparently they're saving money to get her a bunch of surgeries. She told me she already had a chin implant, cheek implants, bleached her hair, filled her lips, and she's currently waiting on getting her eye slanting surgery and soon after she said she'll go to China to stretch her height. Oh, she also said she's getting a voice surgery to further lower her voice because she thinks she sounds too 'girly' (her voice is actually on the lower side). She promised me she'll see me after her eye slanting procedure and that for the time being she'll wear 8inch heels hidden under wide leg pants and force herself to talk in a lower pitch. The funny thing is she's not this silly vapid girl; she actually gets straight A's in university and is planning to get a PHD in Toxicology. Anyway, when I asked her long before why she just couldn't go out while she's waiting for her surgeries, she said she has too much pride to let herself be exposed and pitied as an ugly person. She tells me she doesn't even see family members anymore and I believe it! I forgot to mention she's changing both her first and last name. Whenever someone calls her by her name, she gets mad at them and says it's disgusting. She tells me her name just brings her back to the times when she was even uglier (her words) and a loser. She's half Russian on her mother's side and half Italian from her father's side. She said besides changing both her names into Russian, she's never going to tell anyone she's Italian. She tells me Italians are dirty, hairy, and obnoxious. Anyway, I'm a little hurt that I'm having to wait 2.5 years to see her, but she was always a good friend to me, so I have to forgive her for some of her flaws (I mean mental flaws, because she was always great physically).

No comments:

Post a Comment